What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone using their IPAD as a remote control for there TV.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Im looking to replace my tv remote control which is always lost with my Ipad2 which I almost always have.
Looking around I will need to buy "appleTV" I was hoping there would be an emulater so I don't need to get hooked into
Apple TV.

Suggestions please.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's not a generic solution but I have Xfinity (Comcast) cable. The Xfinity app enables me to control both the TV channel selection and control over recording. Does not, however, control TV volume or enable me to see how full my dvr is.

OP
zipur

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That is just what I get also. I have AT&T Uverse and their app allows you to see your recordings, schedual/delete recordings. But what I want is a replacement for my remote control. A universal remote control for cable, tv, amp, nelson box and DVD player.

Coralee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are using a peogram called Genie on my ipad2. This controls our audio system. We have 6 zones which all have the option of Freeview, Sky Tv, ipod, radio or cd/dvd. It is setup like a TV remote for each option. It is in its final stages of testing and works pretty well.

incapete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Coralee said:
We are using a peogram called Genie on my ipad2. This controls our audio system. We have 6 zones which all have the option of Freeview, Sky Tv, ipod, radio or cd/dvd. It is setup like a TV remote for each option. It is in its final stages of testing and works pretty well.

What IR hardware are you using with this?

Coralee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry dont know - have a guy building it for our system using Genie and personalising it - i can ask him if u like

AllAbout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just worked with a friend today to get his Harmony Link up and running on his iPad. It was a little tricky but all in all the Harmony Link works nicely. I've posted more information and will put the set-up tips

jobrien4487

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my Verizon fios app on iPad and iPhone and my gf has it on her android it works well.

Most reactions