What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

User names and passwords

Ingliside

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have not accepted for the iPad to remember the user name/ password, is there any way to overcome this and have the iPad remember. Getting fed up filling in long user name :(

Montereybob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
That can be easily done:
Settings->Safari->AutoFill->Names and Passwords: On

My experience has been that this works for all visits to a site or app after initial registration but that autofill does not enter username and password on my first visit (registration).

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
That can be easily done:
Settings->Safari->AutoFill->Names and Passwords: On

My experience has been that this works for all visits to a site or app after initial registration but that autofill does not enter username and password on my first visit (registration).

If you also turn on Contact Info, and choose your own contact information from the Contacts app (same place as the other settings) Safari will attempt to fill in the registration forms as well.

Of course it won't do username or password the first time. Even if you are int he habit of using the same ones over and over again no security software or webpage is going to make that assumption for you.

OP
I

Ingliside

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Further to my previous post.
1. I did not accept that the iPad remember the username/password for one site I visited
2. Now it does not ask to remember for that site only.
3. All other sites are remembered.
4. All settings are set to on as suggested.
5. How can I get it to remember for this one site now.

Note. Autofill is a separate issue for forms. This is ok for me.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Further to my previous post.
1. I did not accept that the iPad remember the username/password for one site I visited
2. Now it does not ask to remember for that site only.
3. All other sites are remembered.
4. All settings are set to on as suggested.
5. How can I get it to remember for this one site now.

Note. Autofill is a separate issue for forms. This is ok for me.

I suspect this is a cookie issue and that the site has placed a cookie on the iPad to 'remind it' that you don't want the iPad to remember your user name and password. You can erase cookies in the 'Settings', 'Safari' menu - but that will erase all the cookies. I don't know if it's possible to selectively erase them but I don't think so.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts