What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USB qeustion

BadBoi2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to read an USB drive on my Ipad2 and received this

Cannot use device

The connected USB device requires too much power

What is that? I didn't know they had different powers..... Lol....Which USB drives should I be getting or not getting or using?

Such a NOOB

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Its a bit of gamble. Typically the simpler (no extras like encryption, lights, whatever) and smaller capacity USB drives are your best bet.

Hold in mind that there isn't a whole lot you are going to be able to do with the USB drive even if you get it recognized. If it is formatted properly you can import pictures, and a few video formats from the drive. That is about it without jailbreaking.

Apple did not mean (or advertise) the ability to use the Camera Connection Kit (CCK) with a USB drive. The USB connection is meant to connect directly to a camera for importing photos. It can be used with a few other peripherals like a keyboard, but the support is not official (at least not when talking about the CCK).

Last edited:

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
others mentioned a powered USB hub may help out.

phonedrive app

Most reactions

Latest posts