What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US AT&T Carrier - iPad association

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
I have an i1 and an i2 and both are connected (as far as I can tell) to one AT&T account. To me that seems odd, but when I get account details in the settings page, they both show the same phone number. If that is in fact the case, do they both share my 2GB of data/month? (And by the way it describes those 2GB as "domestic" - meaning US I assume, so there is no way I can use that data rate anywhere in the UK, right?)

Thanks,

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
'Settings', 'General', 'About', 'Cellular Data Number' - do both your iPads show the same number there?

For sure, the AT&T allowance is US domestic only!!

Tim

OP
slothead

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
Tim, I thought they did, because I saw the same number on the account information page. But when I look at the path you specified, the i1 says "unknown" (the i2 has the original phone number).

I tested them out in the "wilds" today (on the highway far from any wifi), and both connected just fine, so it would appear that they are running on the same account.

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim, I thought they did, because I saw the same number on the account information page. But when I look at the path you specified, the i1 says "unknown" (the i2 has the original phone number).

I tested them out in the "wilds" today (on the highway far from any wifi), and both connected just fine, so it would appear that they are running on the same account.

'Unknown' is definitely a new one on me!! I can't see how that can happen. Each SIM card has to have its own number - it says so in the GSM specs!! Let me know if you find out any more about this - I'm truly intrigued.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts