What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Urgent help! Lost all folders

engrk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All apps folders disappeared while applying "restrictions" in settings
My 10 year old niece wanted to use my IPAD. So in 'settings', I choose "restrictions" and was able to restrict some apps but was not able to restrict access to my email accounts. So I decided against her usage.
Then, I removed the restrictions and to my surprise, all the folders, -lots of them- holding the apps have disappeared! The apps were then scattered into about 8 pages and the rest are not shown. The apps are still on my IPAD; I checked by typing the apps names that are not shown. PLEASE HELP. THANKS

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
All apps folders disappeared while applying "restrictions" in settings
My 10 year old niece wanted to use my IPAD. So in 'settings', I choose "restrictions" and was able to restrict some apps but was not able to restrict access to my email accounts. So I decided against her usage.
Then, I removed the restrictions and to my surprise, all the folders, -lots of them- holding the apps have disappeared! The apps were then scattered into about 8 pages and the rest are not shown. The apps are still on my IPAD; I checked by typing the apps names that are not shown. PLEASE HELP. THANKS

You could try this: Tap the AppStore app on the screen, then Purchases and then tap Not On This iPad. You can then re-download any of the apps you want.
Regards, Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It seems your eight pages cannot show all the apps you bought as they are now not in folders. How about syncing with itunes where your apps should be in order and in folders? Or if you start making new folders on the ipad, the "missing" apps will start to show up as more space is made available.

OP
E

engrk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for taking time to respond and help.
Yes you are correct, checking the apps store was the first thing did. All the apps are still there under apps purchased, but some of the apps icons are missing on my IPAD and I can open them only from the purchased apps!

Most reactions

Latest posts