What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uploading iPad video to Dropbox. Very slow - any alternatives?

Frances1963

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At a sports tournament the other day the coach asked me to video the games on the iPad. Now the whole team wants a copy of the videos and I am struggling with this.

All up the files are over 12GB so USB sticks and burning to DVDs is impractical. I use Dropbox for all my files usually so I thought saving the files there and then giving them access would be the go.
I recorded the videos using the iPad3 and saved them to my PC and now want to save them to Dropbox. Each video is about 11 minutes long and some are over 2GB in size. There are about 12 videos. I have managed to upload only one of the files which was only 144MB. It is taking forever so I am looking for some guidance.

I was wondering if I am going about it the right way or are there alternatives like compressing the files?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Transfer to a PC or Mac via cable. OTA to Dropbox is going to take forever. Once on the computer, you can convert/ edit into something that will fit on a DVD for distribution. Even if you just drop the clips in order onto a timeline and export in a DVD compatible format, you should reduce the size somewhat and hopefully fit onto a DVD.

OP
F

Frances1963

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They are on my PC now. I changed the dropbox preferences to unlimited upload and will continue to try with dropbox. I am keen to try your suggestion, I'm just not sure what you mean by dropping the clips onto a timeline. I have never worked with videos before so not too sure what you mean.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Frances1963 said:
They are on my PC now. I changed the dropbox preferences to unlimited upload and will continue to try with dropbox. I am keen to try your suggestion, I'm just not sure what you mean by dropping the clips onto a timeline. I have never worked with videos before so not too sure what you mean.

I was just assuming that you would package the clips (edit) into one video using some video editing software. I'm sure the individual clips could be authored to DVD separately as well, and could fit on one DVD depending on the total runtime.

Most reactions

Latest posts