What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upgrading to ios 5.1

nyc2sd30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been trying to upgrade for three days. No matter what time day or night I keep getting the "can't reach iPad update" server message. Anyone else having trouble. I am running the latest version of iTunes and have no firewall.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apple servers are probably down due to the high demand for the new ios.

OP
nyc2sd30

nyc2sd30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For three days straight day and night? I've read about plenty of people having no problem

OP
nyc2sd30

nyc2sd30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually I change my DNA server setting and it went right thru. Strange.

maryhattie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nyc2sd30 said:
Actually I change my DNA server setting and it went right thru. Strange.

What is DNA? I am having the same problem you were having. Everyone in know in georgia downloaded 5.1 just fine. Im in michigan visiting and not sure if its my sisters wifi, or maybe my ipad,...

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
maryhattie said:
What is DNA? I am having the same problem you were having. Everyone in know in georgia downloaded 5.1 just fine. Im in michigan visiting and not sure if its my sisters wifi, or maybe my ipad,...

I think they meant DNS. :)

alberthenry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I seem to have a similar problem here in South America. I cant seem to connect to Safari, Itunes and the Apps store.
I changed my DNS as my service provider suggested.
I've checked my router and laptop and everything is in perfect working condition.
However whem i'm at the office everything is working perfectly.
It's just very frustrating.

maryhattie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TheRambler said:
DNS is domain name system, it's how computers link to each other, each web address has an ip address linked to it and this is the DNS.......I think!

Looks like you have some awesome tattoos going on Mary, how many and what are they?

Chris

Thanks! I have bunch of tattoos :) a little bit of everything lol the red you see in the pic is baby hellboy, i have a sleeve with flowers, koi fish, chinese lantern etc...

OP
nyc2sd30

nyc2sd30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep. Mistyped. I meant DNS server. I changed it to 8.8.8.8 and that solved the problem immediately. If you're running a Mac just go to settings>network>advanced, look for the DNS tab

Most reactions

Latest posts