Upgrading from iOS 5 to iOS 7 , Help me please .

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by saifeliya, Mar 25, 2014.

1. saifeliya

saifeliya iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I Have a jailbroken ipad 3 running on ios 5 , I have saves in my games like clash of clans etc .. i want to upgrade to iOS 7 and not use jailbreak again .. will i lose my clash of clans game save ? what can i do ? back up all my ipad with itunes ?
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,814 / 0
    Your best bet is to make a backup of the iPad. Then, restore the iPad to iOS 7.1 using iTunes. At some point during the process, you will be asked whether you wish to restore as new or from a backup. Choose that new backup you just made and then iTunes will do its "magic."

I have done this process a number of times and have always had my game information (levels and such) where I left off. I can't guarantee it'll be the same for you - but I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Marilyn
  3. The ~Seraphim~

The ~Seraphim~ iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +154 / 1
    From what I know if you only care about your CoC data then you don't need a back-up. Logging-in in Game Center will automatically download your progress, since data is stored in game center and its server based.
  4. abababababab

abababababab iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +787 / 0
    Thats correct. If you play logged-in to fame Center, your progress is backed up, and the game prompts you if you want to load your already saved game, or start a new one. I have synced this game on 3 devices using Game Center, so you can do it without any hesitation.