What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

updating apps but not on iPad even after sync!

OmarKN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

When updating my apps on iTunes, = ok, then syncing ,

but not on the iPad - in App Store - those same apps are still not updated, App Store has the RED counter, even after sync,.

that usually happening these days, but not on earlier iOsses.

ANyone an idea why I have to update from "both ends" , = desktop (iTunes) AND iPad (App Store) ??

with best regards,
Omar KN
(Stockholm, Sweden)

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You shouldn't have to. So why not make it easy on yourself and just update via iPad?

When I've updated with iTunes my updates carry over.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hookbill said:
You shouldn't have to. So why not make it easy on yourself and just update via iPad?

When I've updated with iTunes my updates carry over.

I tend to do it this way also. Not sure about reverse, although once my iTunes side is updated, it usually updates my extra devices like kids iPhones and iPod touches OK.

OP
O

OmarKN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tend to do it this way also. Not sure about reverse, although once my iTunes side is updated, it usually updates my extra devices like kids iPhones and iPod touches OK.

This would be the ideal scenario, and I remember back with iOS before 6, it did so.

Right now I updated from the iPad, then I have a look on

iMac /iTunes / Apps to update: there is Skype 4.2, -.-.-.-.-.-. on the iPad however, App Store: "All Apps Are Up to Date." and Skype vs is 4.1.1324.

Conclusion: the update process is not as clean cut as it should be.

with best regards,
Omar KN
(Stockholm, Sweden)
[There are worse problems in this world, I know. F ex. Edited by Moderator - unacceptable link, please read the forum rules. ]

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts