1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

iOS update and app download help

Discussion in 'iPad OS' started by sksathwik, Nov 17, 2011.

1. sksathwik

sksathwik iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I own a iPad2 and tried to update to 5.0.1 through wifi, but after the update is downloaded it is struck at "verifying the update" while installation. And i am not able to download apps through iTunes store also it is struck at 'waiting'.

Is there some problem with my iPad? Do i need to re install the complete OS again?
  2. Cliffd

Cliffd iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Me too . Have tried on 4 different occasions today, from my desktop and laptop pcs. I've tried wi-fi download of ios5, then a hardwire Ethernet connect to my pc. I've disabled my pc firewalls, in short everything I can reasonably think of, but each time having completed the download after 45 mins it fails on a 'network timeout' error. HELP! Please.
  3. sksathwik

sksathwik iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I removed the wifi router and directly connected the ethernet cable to my PC, now iTunes is working fine and i am able to download apps through iTunes in my PC. There seems to be some problem with my router, do i have to reset it?
  4. richsadams

richsadams iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +99 / 0
    Possibly. If you're using Windows and have a Virus Protection program try turning it off.

More tips on upgrading here:

iOS 5 Upgrade Troubleshooting