What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updates

Momzoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All of my apps that I have updated remain In the updates and It Is In the stage OPEN Even If I pen them they still stay there. How do I close them?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's just the history of your updates. The OPEN button is purely a convenience in case you want to open up the updated app to see what's new. New updates will show up at the top of the list with an UPDATE button, or a circle/progress icon if still in the process of updating.

There is no way to manually clear the list, but it cleans itself up automatically; removing the oldest updates from the list at about the two week mark.

If you are set up for automatic updates then other than searching your home screens for blue dots the update list is about the only way of figuring out what's been changed lately. This is the most likely reason for the list's change in behavior. It also preserves the update descriptions in case you want to look them over.

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet - While I knew most of what you explained, your explanations are always so clear and concise and helpful. Thank you.

OP
M

Momzoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once more you have explained in words that a newcomer to Apple can easily understand. Thank you again .

Most reactions

Latest posts