What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update my ipd2 to ios5.1 now i don t have any sound

rami say

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Father updating iOS to 5.1 I dont hear any sound anymore , I check the switch button (mute) , I still have the problem.

jmschnur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you raise the sound level while playing some music ?

J

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hold down home key and on/ off button until white apple logo shows then release and see if that fixes it. Plan B will be to do a restore after backup on a computer using latest version of iTunes.

OP
R

rami say

iPF Noob
Reaction score
col.bris said:
Hold down home key and on/ off button until white apple logo shows then release and see if that fixes it. Plan B will be to do a restore after backup on a computer using latest version of iTunes.

First choice I tried it but it didn t work. The second choice is the last solution if I have to solve my problem...
I found a lot of people who have the same problem after updating from ios5 to ios5.0.1 how it is possible they ask us to update and instead of solving some problems which I don t have , I found myself in deep problem with a sound dead... Really it is strange... When I saw the update I was afraid to do it but I was saying that maybe it is an important update. Wish I didn t do it...

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have not research the issue just give it time so we can at least find out why. You are the first user to advise us of the issue. I need to look at Apple's support site to see if others have similar problem. Doing a restore is straight forward and we are more than willing to assist. Cheers Colin

Clemdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you sure your iPad didn't reset to "mute?"

Try looking in your set up.

Semel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Found this on the net.Maybe give it a try?

The gist:
If you select "Use Side Switch to:" lock rotation when previously it was set to Mute, and your side switch was in the mute position when you switch the toggle from mute to rotation, it thinks that it's still on mute.

Anyways, the solution is just to flip the switch to the unmute position, go into settings and select "Use side switch to: MUTE" (then switch it back to lock rotation if you'd like, BUT don't play w/ the side toggle while doing so).

OP
R

rami say

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried everything you told me to do but there is no solution...
All problem begin when I did the update of ios5 to iOS 5.0.1 , I discover the next day I did the update another problem the the sound is totally dead, second problem the iPad is not turning on after I switch is off from the upper button, I tried to press the button randomly the home button and he upper button , I put it on charge , unplug it and press randomly so it turned on, each time is hard to turn it on , no idea what is happening , the problem I m sure from the update, hope that I can return back to the old iOS (ios5) !!!!!!

cmdixon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Found this on the net.Maybe give it a try?

The gist:
If you select "Use Side Switch to:" lock rotation when previously it was set to Mute, and your side switch was in the mute position when you switch the toggle from mute to rotation, it thinks that it's still on mute.

Anyways, the solution is just to flip the switch to the unmute position, go into settings and select "Use side switch to: MUTE" (then switch it back to lock rotation if you'd like, BUT don't play w/ the side toggle while doing so).

Since I updated I've been having trouble with sound in certain applications. I came across this post and wanted to let you know, you solved my issue!! Thank You!

ipad1user

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Issue Solved

Thanks Guys. This really works.

i have the ipad gen1. updated it to IOS 5.1.1 and then lost the sound.

Solution -

Play with your side toggle switch and see what icon comes on your screen. if you see the 'circular arrow', it means the switch is un/locking your screen to turn around. If it shows the bell, it would display it as bell with diagonal line on it - meaning the sound is off. Simple - just push the switch the other side and the sound will be on. But if you see the circular arrow, do the following:

go to Settings>General> Use Side Switch to:

If the tick mark is on Mute, then first toggle ipad's side switch. A bell will come up on your screen when the switch will turn the sound on. The moment that happens, go to the Use Side Switch selection and check on Lock Rotation.

now the toggle switch will be used for its inital purpose - locking and unlocking the screen rotation and not to mute or unmute your ipad.

All the best.

mdanzine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I recently updated to IOS 6.1.2 and I have lost audio for all my apps the use audio and well as the ability to play music, every time I press play it the icon quickly changes from play to pause/ stop I am hoping the this is a software bug.

Most reactions

Latest posts