What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No sound after down load update

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After the upgrade to ios 5.1 I have no sound on new kids song app and some down loaded tv shows.
Can hear through ear plugs only.
Other downloaded shows are ok through the speaker
Any suggestions please???

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you done a reset since the update, it was recommended.

Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start. Let us know how you go, good luck!!

Waxwrong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know this doesn't really belong here but after the 5.1 upgrade my itunes/apps does not work properly. I can search for apps, etc, but in search results the screen is virtually frozen - I can't select an app or look at the other apps available that are not on the first page. Very weird.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
55julie55 said:
Done that twice.

Well I just don't know what you can do, you'll have to wait for the experts to wake up. Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling? That worked for me after the last update.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Waxwrong said:
I know this doesn't really belong here but after the 5.1 upgrade my itunes/apps does not work properly. I can search for apps, etc, but in search results the screen is virtually frozen - I can't select an app or look at the other apps available that are not on the first page. Very weird.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hi and welcome to the Forum,

I'd say the app is causing the problem. Double click your home button, this will bring up your multi task bar along the bottom. It will show all the apps that you have opened at one time or another. Long press one of these apps until they start to jiggle and red minus signs will appear above them all. Press all the minus signs, this will close them, not delete them. It's a good idea to do this regularly just to keep them all running smoothly, I do mine every night. See if you can access the app now, if not a restart is in order. Press and hold the power off button, the one at the top right. You will see a slide appear to power off, slide this and the screen will go dark and a Whirly will appear. When the Whirly disappears your iPad is now off. Press the power button again until the Apple logo appears, this will take a few seconds and your iPad will start again. You should restart your iPad occasionally also as it will help the iPad to run smoother. Now see if your app is operating. If not you will have to do a reset. Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start. This is a reset. When your iPad starts to play up, these are the first steps you should do to clear it. Let us know how you go, good luck!!

The IPad Forum is a Community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the IPad.
There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions that you have. If then you can't find the answer you are seeking, then by all means post your question. You will find many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.
We also have our own App - Discussion Forum for IPad Users It is a very simple app to navigate.
Reading the iPad Manuals is a great place to start, so please download a copy of these http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the iPad
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us. Enjoy!!

OP
55julie55

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Will await the experts to awaken.
I cannot delete the app and reload as I have down loaded episodes from the bbc I player I will lose all and am currently outside of the geographically allowed location so no more down loads
So nothing to watch till back in aus in several weeks!!
Need help badly
thanks for trying

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
55julie55 said:
Will await the experts to awaken.
I cannot delete the app and reload as I have down loaded episodes from the bbc I player I will lose all and am currently outside of the geographically allowed location so no more down loads
So nothing to watch till back in aus in several weeks!!
Need help badly
thanks for trying

Gees that's just awful Julie. I hope they can solve It for you. Good luck!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Please don't take this the wrong way but have you checked the sound settings? I had this once and the on button had changed to orientation mute or something. It's worth a look in settings anyway after any update. The settings sometimes change. I'm surprised it's the iOS 5.0.1 though. Get back to me

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What was the kids app called, maybe there is an update problem. The earphones work differently to the sound settings

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Reaction score
I am also having sound issues since upgrading to 5.0.1. I can be playing a game with sound and all of a sudden my sound will disappear! I can assure you I did not touch the volume controls or switch the mute switch. I have also tried changing what the switch is assigned to (orientation lock vs mute) to no avail. I've also tried double clicking the home button and sliding to the left, but there is no indication that my volume is on mute. Sometimes I get my sound back when plugged into the dock, sometimes not! This is really very frustrating as no one solution seems to fix the issue!

Atrekker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here. It seems limited to children's apps. I have already reset the device several times. I chose the screen lock rather than the mute setting (which sucks because I don't want the screen to be locked), but still no sound on those apps. Help!

Most reactions

Latest posts