What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

United Airlines iOS app Now Comes with Free in-flight Video Content

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
united-airlines-ios.jpeg

United Airlines is one of the biggest airline companies in the United States and the whole world and many of its customers own iOS devices. To make sure that it keeps them pleased, the company has issued recently an important update to its iOS app, including the in-flight entertainment service that makes use of the onboard Wi-Fi to stream movies and TV shows to users for free.

United Airlines is proud to offer the all-new United app, with an iOS 7-friendly design that is optimized for the iPhone and compatible with the iPad (look for an iPad App in 2014!). Offering features from flight booking to flight status and more, the United app is your indispensable travel companion.

The app itself is quite new, being first announced in March, but since then it’s been constantly updated with new features and options. Now, version 2.0.13 lets users stream more than 150 movies and nearly 200 TV shows for free while in flight. At the moment, the new feature is limited to iOS devices and laptops, but Android support should make its way sometime in the near future.

So, if you plan on flying with United Airlines in the near future or if you’re a loyal customers, then you can download the app for free from the iOS App Store to make use of the new features. Also, before boarding, fliers can check the Inflight Amenities tab on United.com’s Flight Status & Information webpage to confirm that their flight offers the new personal device entertainment system.

Source: iPhoneForums

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, how much will the wifi cost? Lol.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, how much will the wifi cost? Lol. Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk
It won't cost anything. It's just a local WiFi network with no Internet capability. What will cost quite a bit will be Internet access from the plane.

Offering free inboard entertainment through your own device is a shrewd business move by United Airlines. With this new system in place they don't have to spent lots of money installing video screens in all the seat backs, they just get the customer to bring his own device.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It won't cost anything. It's just a local WiFi network with no Internet capability. What will cost quite a bit will be Internet access from the plane. Offering free inboard entertainment through your own device is a shrewd business move by United Airlines. With this new system in place they don't have to spent lots of money installing video screens in all the seat backs, they just get the customer to bring his own device.

Yes, that's what I meant, the "juice" to run the entertainment apps and such. I can disconnect for a couple of hours I won't pay those high internet access fees.

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 in NYC using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts