TuneIn car mode

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Stefx, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, TBH - they are definitely not helpful. I deleted the app (TuneinRadio Pro) and reinstalled it. Still no car mode option (I am assuming it would be in the settings portion of the app as is the one for the iPhone).

I give up. I don't think that it is included in the iPad version ... and I don't think the person who e-mailed you has a clue. :mad: Now that I have the iPhone, the iPad doesn't leave the house anyway... but still!

Maybe it'll appear for you if you delete and then reinstall it? Maybe it's just me. Thanks for asking the developers, though.

Marilyn

2. jwt873

jwt873
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Hmm.... Perhaps if more people asked about this car mode thing they might come out with a fix.. If anyone has time to send TuneIn a quick message, click here ---> Contact Us <--- This link will take you to the TuneIn feedback form on their website.. From there, it's easy to send them a quick message asking how car mode is supposed to work. Perhaps if enough people ask, they might do something about it.

The reason I'm so interested is that I DO use the iPad and TuneIn quite often when I'm in the car and think this would be a great addition to the app (If it worked :) ).

3. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    I emailed TuneIn yesterday. Haven't heard back.

I saw people on another forum asking the same thing.

4. jwt873

jwt873
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Great, thanks :)

5. Dowatchagotado

Dowatchagotado
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I did the same as Mickey and got the same (canned) response. Doesn't Apple crack down on app creators that claim features that they don't deliver?

6. Stefx

Stefx
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I emailed them as well. I don't expect much, but maybe the repeated emails will make someone realize something is missing...

7. hughJ

hughJ
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I've just noticed this thread through browsing your great forum, I have Tune in on both iPad2 and iPhone4, I use the apps regularly on both devices however although I do drive regularly I have never even considered using the app whilst driving (not sure) but in the UK this may be against the law, having said that I have tested (at home) the problem users appear to be ranting on about: Car Mode can be selected via settings and would appear to provide a selection of the buttons (larger size) necessary for operation, and below the buttons there is an exit car mode button.
    My conclusion is that this feature is simply to provide bigger buttons in order to reduce concentration time necessary to alter station etc.

8. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    I've not had trouble finding the iPhone car mode button in settings, and it doesn't sound like that's the problem for anyone else. The question is how to activate car mode on iPad when there is no option in settings that any of us can find despite Tunein's apparently useless or absent guidance.

9. hughJ

hughJ
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ok kkk, you have highlighted the issue is with iPad only, I personally find that the Tunein app is designed and supported to a far greater standard than most apps available presently, Im confused as to why you want to use the iPad to access radio while driving, I'm also not sure what you mean by "apparently useless or absent" in your description of there guidance in response, perhaps it wasn't clear to support that the issue in question was specific to iPad and not iPhone.
    I'm sure many iPhone users have there handsets connected in some way in-car, justifying the need for car-mode on the iPhone version of the Tunein app.
    The iPad version probably wasn't considered to be necessary for obvious reasons.
    However I may have got it wrong and if so I apologise, I'm working on the principle of common sense, thats all.

10. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Car mode is described in the iPad app summary in the app store, and TuneIn has emailed useless guidance to at least one person on this thread and hasn't answered others who've emailed. Please reread the thread if necessary. Common sense tells me that not everyone with an iPad also has an iPhone.