What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble transfering data from iPad to iPad 3

LuvMyLab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help! I followed instructions via Apple Support website for transferring iPad to iPad. I used the iTunes method rather than iCloud . After completion, 80% of my books on iBooks not there, half of my apps were missing plus my iPad 3 will not join my t mobile hotspot but it will join my wifi at home. One last question - my husband is taking my old iPad; should I erase all data so he can make it his own/start from scratch or is that a waste of time?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know what Apple recommends, but on iPF we usually recommend backing up the old iPad, then setting up the new one from the backup rather than as a new device.

Once you have everything working, it's up to you whether you wipe the old one, but if you have two different AppleIDs you will need to purchase apps, music and books separately. If you share an ID they will be available to both machines.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there...I am going to move this to the Help Section. You have posted in the POLLS section where you won't get as much attention.

Thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts