What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad to computer data transfer on wirelessw

frankjg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad Syncs just fine either via a USB or a wireless connection. I understand how the iPad sees iTunes via a USB direct computer connection but how does the iPad see iTunes on the computer via the wireless as there is no actual connection of the iPad via my local network (I do not see the iPad on my local network). What software allows the iPad to see iTunes on my computer via wireless? If the iPad was part of my local network I could understand but since its not I do not see the method allowing data transfer. There must be some software that allows direct connection of the computer iTunes to the iPad when on wireless and when its not part of the local network.

Thanks

Frank
Kenmore, WA

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
frankjg said:
My iPad Syncs just fine either via a USB or a wireless connection. I understand how the iPad sees iTunes via a USB direct computer connection but how does the iPad see iTunes on the computer via the wireless as there is no actual connection of the iPad via my local network (I do not see the iPad on my local network). What software allows the iPad to see iTunes on my computer via wireless? If the iPad was part of my local network I could understand but since its not I do not see the method allowing data transfer. There must be some software that allows direct connection of the computer iTunes to the iPad when on wireless and when its not part of the local network.

Thanks

Frank
Kenmore, WA

This thread may be of some help in answering your question.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3374854?start=0&tstart=0

OP
F

frankjg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That thread was interesting but did not address the method of iPad to pc data transfer when the iPad in not part of the local network. The iPad is residing on the local but not registered to it. That is what I would like to understand.

Thank You

Frank Kenmore, WA

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Both the iPad and the computer have to be connected to the same wireless network. The thread I linked to applies equally to the iPad as well as the iPhone.

Most reactions

Latest posts