1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Traveling to germany

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Mikeyboi, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Mikeyboi

Mikeyboi iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey guys,

just registered here, got an quick question. Next week I travel to germany, want to use my iPad 2 with an german micro sim card. Just found this website: Tarife iPad.

Seems like Fonic or Simyo is a good choice. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    You might want to look at the coverage maps to see whether the operator has good coverage in the areas you plan to visit. Here are the currently registered GSM operators in Germany and their coverage maps.

GSM Coverage Maps | Germany

Tim
  3. Mikeyboi

Mikeyboi iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Tim,

I´ve read now that T-Mobile or Vodafone are a good choice. I plan to visit Berlin, so I think Fonic (O2) is ok for me. I will stay 2 weeks there, so I think it will cost around 20 Euros for these 2 weeks. That´s really ok.
  4. Marioeddie

Marioeddie iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    iPad 2 and iPhone 3GS in Germany. Help, please!

I have an ipad 2 with wi fi and 3G. I also have an AT&T iPhone 3GS. I have an AT&T voice and data plan for the phone and a 3G rate plan for the iPad (also AT&T). I am in US. Will be traveling in Germany for two weeks next month and want to be able to use these devices for GPS, translation and other apps. For communicating with family in the states and Germany, I plan to use WhatsApp and Skype as much as possible. Except for emergencies, I don't expect to call or receive calls in Germany from the US, although I'd like to be able to make calls within Germany.

Please, someone, give me some advice! I am a newbie all around, from the gadgets to the travel.

THANK YOU!!