What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring photos from photos

extrajule

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. When I transfer a photo presentation from my desk top running on XP (photos are saved as JPG) to my IPad2, I cannot get them to transfer in the same order as filed As a result my photo presentation on my IPad2 is out of sequence. Any suggestion? Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found this solution elsewhere..

"I think it's been established that iPad sorts its photos by time stamp, earliest time/date first. The problem is where does it get the embedded date data from? And is it even embedded in every photo file? And how do you change the time stamp?

I'll cut to the chase and offer the solution.

First, sort the photo files in a folder on your PC hardrive in the order you want them to appear in the iPad album.

Next, open the first file you want to appear in the album with a photo edit program. I used Picassa, but I assume that Photoshop Elements or similar programs would do the same. After opening the file, then simply click "save as" and rename the file (not even sure if the renaming is necessary). Direct the "saved-as" files to a new folder.

Next open the second photo you want to appear in your iPad album and do same. Continue with all the photos, automatically resetting the date/time stamp each time you save it.

Now open Itunes and sync to the new folder you created with the re-dated photo files.

Voila, you now have a photo album on the Ipad exactly as you want. "

Tim

OP
E

extrajule

iPF Noob
Reaction score
photo transfer

Hey great - thank you for the information. I'll give it a try

Most reactions