What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring music to iPad's music/ipod app without a pc?

Cloud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, first i'm new here, nice forums, and i have a pretty annoying and glaring issue. I just bought an ipad, but my pc died right after due to a virus. I was never able to sync the ipad to my pc (it wass synced and booted elsewhere prior). In fact, i had the ipad hookd up to the pc when it crashd. The pc died, the ipad survived lol.

I do have a backup of alot of my music and data on a friends ftp server. So my question is, basically is there a way, or workaround to get the music files into the iPad's music app without a pc? I have certain ftp apps that can download the music files i have backd up on my friends ftp, but is there a way i can go about actually getting them on the music app to listen to them?

Help please! My computer will be down for a while, and ive never gotten to try my iPad's music. Thanks!:)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The only two ways to get music into the Music app (or iPod app for pre iOS 5 devices) is through a computer, or through the iTunes store on the iPad.

You can use a third party music app to download and listen to your music. There are several in the store. I've used OPlayer a bit, and it's ok. I'm sure there are better ones, but I don't know enough to suggest them. A search of the forum and/or the App Store is bound to turn up a few.

It doesn't sound like any of your music was purchased from iTunes; but if it was you can download it again using the iTunes app on the iPad. Just check out the Purchased tab.

Most reactions

Latest posts