What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer Music and Photos without iTunes?

butlerbmx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, so long story short, Ive searched and not been able to find anything on this forum that answers my question: is there any way to transfer music and photos to a stock (not JB) iPad without using iTunes? My home PC was lost due to water damage and I dont have another computer nearby that I can get iTunes loaded onto. I cant get my music on here...and please dont tell me to install Pandora or Slacker, or to email the songs to myself. I wont always be near Wifi, and to email 3gb of music would take an eternity. Please please tell me theres some hidden trick or app that I can download.

Thanks
Butlerbmx

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To make a long explanation short: no.

You can transfer purchases with iTunes but you said you can't get iTunes on a computer. Do you not have internet? iTunes is free from apple.com. But anything you didn't buy from iTunes you can't get off a non-jailbroken iPad. Sorry.

OP
B

butlerbmx

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You can transfer purchases with iTunes but you said you can't get iTunes on a computer. Do you not have internet? iTunes is free from apple.com. But anything you didn't buy from iTunes you can't get off a non-jailbroken iPad. Sorry.

I dont have a working computer nearby as mine was damaged in a plumbing flood. I still have Wifi in the house, so I can get online with the iPad. My music is on a flash drive. I can get online on a PC at the Library, but their network doesnt allow you to open downloaded programs, and iTunes is not on the machines image. I can however, access my flash drive at the library. With having spent a lot of my disposable cash on christmas, its gonna be a month or two before I can get a new to me PC.

Thanks for your help, but if it cant be done, I guess I will have to wait for some other option.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have the music on a USB drive, you could go to a friends house who has iTunes and set up your account if you haven't already, and sign on. Then under FILE in iTunes go to ADD FOLDER TO LIBRARY, navigate to your USB hardrive and import the music, then sync your iPad. This would get your music onto the iPad at least. Though if the music wasn't originally in iTunes format, it would probably be a mess. Your photos could be transferred via an app like Photo Transfer, but only 50 at a time.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I dont have a working computer nearby as mine was damaged in a plumbing flood. I still have Wifi in the house, so I can get online with the iPad. My music is on a flash drive. I can get online on a PC at the Library, but their network doesnt allow you to open downloaded programs, and iTunes is not on the machines image. I can however, access my flash drive at the library. With having spent a lot of my disposable cash on christmas, its gonna be a month or two before I can get a new to me PC.

Thanks for your help, but if it cant be done, I guess I will have to wait for some other option.

If you can't borrow a friends computer then no. Even if you put the music in the right folder with ifile on the iPad, you would still need iTunes to edit the database file which tells the iPad the song info and where each song is on the ipad filesystem.
And sorry about the water damage.

sinasin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It can be helpful to those who want to transfer their files. Though it is a need to transfer from the iPhone to the iTunes, a tutorial is indeed a great idea. Transferring stuffs from it isn’t that easier that’s why it still needs to have the guidelines to make it possible.

AlinaiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could transfer your photos by email but the only way to transfer music to your computer is by iTunes.
As i know Apple will only an iPhone to be synched with one computer at a time. I've had similar issues and had to use a program to transfer the music from my iPad to my computer, then transfer the music from that program to my itunes account. There may be other ways, but that was my experience.
Follow this article about How to transfer iPod/iPhone/iPad to computer ,which includes the transferring of music, photos, videos, SMS, Contact ect. between iPod/iPhone/iPad and computer(PC or Mac).

Last edited:

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I already did back up. How can I delete photos from my ipad 2 tablet it self, along with calender?

XEMUOT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just have this question too! Thanks for sharing guys I'm leaning so much:eek:

craw0054

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Download CopyTrans...it's free and you can load music downloaded everywhere without itunes and more. Have fun

Ivycao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There’s a easy and free way, just go toGoogle and search your question. As I know there is a software can transfer music. Photos and vedio and others from iPhone, iPad and iPod to PC or Mac. So I recommend you using it to instead of iTunes. Folllow this article about How to transfer music/photos from iPad to PC http://www.levesoft.com/bencandy.php?fid=100&aid=877.Hope this can help u. Good luck.

Last edited:

poohdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ivycao said:
There’s a easy and free way, just go to Google and search your question. As I know there is a software can transfer music. Photos and vedio and others from iPhone, iPad and iPod to PC or Mac. So I recommend you using it to instead of iTunes. Folllow this article about How to transfer music/photos from iPad to PC .Hope this can help u. Good luck.

Thanks ver much. I want to transfer from PC to iPad

Most reactions

Latest posts