What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer iPhone music library to computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotmilk0112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, to spare you all a long-winded explanation, having gone through an SSD crash and now back to a new SSD, my music is all screwed up, in terms of iTunes libraries. HOWEVER, it is still in-tact on my iPhone.

Is there any way to transfer an iPhone's music library (as a whole) to a computer? Being able to transfer it to something that iTunes can read is a plus, but not 100% necessary.

I've searched around for programs that do it, but none of them are free...not really wanting to pay $30 for a program that I'm only going to use once or maybe twice.

Last edited:
OP
G

Gotmilk0112

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Worked great. Though it added a bunch of "00 -" s to a lot of tracks. Bah!

holy2411

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPhone Transfer tool now supports the latest iOS 4.2, iOS 4.3 and iOS 5.1. Import and export your computer files to your iPhone for viewing and playing, you can also deal with your files via iTunes 10.6. Besides the music, video and file synchronization, you can even treat your iPhone as a portable hard disk when Xilisoft iPhone Transfer software is installed.

• Fully support iPhone 4, CDMA iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iOS 4.2, iOS 4.3, iOS 5.1, iPod touch 4 and iTunes 10.6 now
  • Backup iPhone contents to computer
  • Back up messages to computer
  • Export computer files to iPhone
  • Synchronize iPhone music with iTunes library
  • Treat iPhone as a portable hard disk
  • Manage images by creating and editing photo albums
  • Read and export photos and videos shot by the device
  • Support several iOS devices simultaneously
  • Provide multiple view modes for music, movies, photos, etc
  • Transfer playlist to iTunes directly
  • Support shortcut keys for operation

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Worked great. Though it added a bunch of "00 -" s to a lot of tracks. Bah!

Yea, I think that is the price you pay for it being free. Just delete all that crap and bloatware that came with it then smooth sailing from there...

kimayharden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Previsouly in your ssd iTunes music folder, was the music displaying like you wanting to show up now? If no, then just copy all the songs from your iPhone to a folder in my music location in your computer, open up iTunes and drag and drop that folder into iTunes, iTunes will automatically arrange artworks and music very well.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is an old thread. Either the original poster has found the answer elsewhere or has moved on (last post was in May 2012). Therefore, this thread is closed.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts