What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer files from PC to iPad

capri39

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I transfer an excel spreadsheet from PC to iPad4! If so, how, and can iPad4read it? (I'm really a newbie with this; just got it for. Christmas! Appreciate your help.

M

moparherb

Yes you can do this thru iTunes. But you will need to get a spreadsheet app for your ipad. I purchased "Numbers". There may be other apps that work but I do not know of them. I upload many spreadsheets thru iTunes to my ipad 4.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can I transfer an excel spreadsheet from PC to iPad4! If so, how, and can iPad4read it? (I'm really a newbie with this; just got it for. Christmas! Appreciate your help.

You could use something like dropbox to get the files easily on your iPad.

If you just want to view the Excel spreadsheet without any mods you don't need any special apps.
If you want to make mods you would need an app like Numbers, already mentioned.

Top picture is just opening on iPad for read only.
Bottom picture is the same spreadsheet open in Numbers.

image.jpg

image.jpg

OP
C

capri39

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks to both of you. I can see the advantage in purchasing "numbers" for even just read only-much better organized. Thanks again to both of you! I'm liking this iPad more and more.

Most reactions

Latest posts