TPU vs. soft gel cases

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by largefarva, Jun 2, 2010.

1. IpadOne

IpadOne
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Yep 100% right, seem’s you have a good taste in the past we produce and sell some hundred thousand of silicone case for iPhone (when is the trend) i never can use one … it’s why i refuse to do and sell that for iPad the touching is like condom without oil …. but all e-bayer sell that everywhere due to the giant margin they have (almost 6 times the cost) …

TPU is the must have for iPad, if you look of the serious brand like, Belkin, Incase, Griffin, they doesn’t have this stuff for the simple reason you can’t have quality silicone case only Incipio have one but is a really special one …

After that have one more you don’t talk about is the hard case … better to stay away about that and just consider that doesn’t exist

2. gekkota

gekkota
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    A lot of the silicone cases have gotten bad reviews because silicone is too soft to hold its shape tightly around the large screen of the iPad. They work fine for the iPhone, of course.

This is the skin I am waiting for:
    Speck | PixelSkin Case for iPad

I bought it for my Touch when it first came out, and I asolutely love it. The chunky texture has a great grip, and the material of the case feels really nice. Too bad it's not available yet. I keep checking the Speck website but I have no idea when it will be in stock. I might have to buy a cheap, flimsy skin while I'm waiting... :(

3. Holly

Holly
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I gotten around this tight squeeze issue by putting my iPad with cover into a very well padded zippered netbook case. Fits easily to put in easily and easy to take in and out. Some of the smaller portable DVD cases could also be a solution for you. Right now, we are all trying to be trendy but I'm sure we'll settle for what fits our needs in the long term. Sleeves are so slick but I'm still looking for something that will accommodate the peripherals I have for travelling on holidays rather than just daily needs.

4. largefarva

largefarva
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    The last part of what you said in this post is what convinced me....wasn't so sure about having something that says "iLuv" on my iPad. lol So I just placed my order.

Just out wondering though...with your free shipping (no other options) what service will you guys use? I'm hoping to get it by the end of next week since I'm only going to be home on the weekends for the next few weeks due to my job....and would hate to have to wait an extra week.

5. cimousa

cimousa
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the order!

We use USPS First Class Mail. You will probably receive it between the following dates: 6/8 - 6/10. It will not require a signature so they will probably leave it in your mailbox/front door. Hopefully you will be able to reach it in time!