What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those that like TPU cases - Targus TPU Skin

jd78

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received my iPad 2 today from B&H and have had the Targus case on for a couple hours now. The packaging is pretty basic and fairly easy to open and remove the case. So no need for excessive cutting and tearing, you get right to the product! I also like that it continues the tradition of adding the fake iPad, so now I can imagine what it's like having one again.
targustpu1.jpg

It was fairly easy to put on, but has a tight fit and doesn't seem like it will easily come off (unless you want it to). The feel of the Targus TPU is really nice. I don't have my Grip Vue anymore, but comparing from memory (it's been about two weeks), the Targus one feels nicer IMO. It's smooth, but still has a nice grip feel. It also feels lighter and possibly thinner, but still feels and looks like its on par with the Grip Vue in terms of quality. Also, before anyone gets worked up... The circle on the back is NOT a cut out. The back is a frosted clear similar to the Grip Vue (the clear one), but the circle is completely clear to showcase the Apple logo. The Targus logo isn't too large, but wish it were smaller like the Belkin logo was on the Grip Vue. The cut outs look really good and line up perfectly (even the Apple logo is centered perfectly within the circle).

targusipad5.jpg
targusipad1.jpg
targusipad2.jpg
targusipad3.jpg
targusipad4.jpg
targusipad6.jpg

Overall my first impression is a positive one. I'm having a good feeling about this case, but will have to spend more time with the iPad to make a final decision. I also like that Targus did go crazy with the price. IMO these TPU cases should be closer to $20, and even though I think $25 is still a little high, it's a very competitive price compared to the history of other brand name TPU case

I know it's only been a few hours, but I'm finding it hard to think of anything negative to say. If I were going to make any recommendations to Targus it would be:

- Add a tad more grip to the back... It feels good and the grip is sufficient, but now that I have the iPad in hand i'm pretty sure the Grip Vue had a little more grip to it.

- Shrink the logo. This is something I really don't care about personally, but I know others will. What I do like about the logo is that it's not on the surface of the case, meaning you can't feel it when your finger glides across it.

- Offer more colors. AFAIK, frosted/clear is the only option, but I can't help it to think how cool this case would look in smoke with the Apple logo showing through the clear circle.

That's all I have for now. I've included some pics, and feel free to ask me any questions.

Most reactions

Latest posts