1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Touch help

Discussion in 'iPad DIY' started by Scott_j_g, May 4, 2013.

1. Scott_j_g

Scott_j_g iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all

I replaced the outer glass / digitizer on my ipad 2 last night. It all went great, the glue softened nicely and the cracked screen came off pretty easily. However, when I put the new parts in the touch only responds along the right side of the ipad in a very thin strip. I tried making sure the cable was fully inserted and it made no difference. Is there anything else you think I may be missing or do I perhaps have a faulty new screen?

Thanks

Scott
  2. Spugnut

Spugnut iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I would guess a faulty screen. I had a similar issue when replacing the digitizer on my last phone.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  3. The OB

The OB Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +856 / 1
    G'day Scott and welcome to the forum. Sorry to see you are having problems with that screen replacement. So that you may have a better chance of getting solutions to your issue, I have moved this to the iPad DIY sub-forum.
    Regards, Andrew
  4. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    I don't see lots of post here with people talking about replacing their screens in their iPads. I would suggest, with the idea of you getting the best possible support with your problem, to contact the folks you bought the replacement from. They should have some tips and perhaps some troubleshooting guidelines to give you. It could be a simple has not having a cable connection properly seating....which would mean you need to go back in a recheck everything. I would imagine that, if you have a defective screen, they are going to want you to verify via some troubleshooting first before sending you a replacement.
  5. Scott_j_g

Scott_j_g iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for all the replies.

I have sent an email off to the folks who sold me the screen. I have double checked the cable and it is nice and snugly plugged in and still the same issue. hopefully get a replacement that works

Cheers
    Scott