What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time zone?

silvia33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad is set for mountain time. My post shows an hour latter, central time. Not a big issue, just curious.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are both time settings matching on your iPad under Settings (under General, as well as under Mail, Contacts, Calendar)? Is the time also set correctly on the computer that you synch your iPad to?

OP
S

silvia33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
breadman03 said:
Double check your daylight savings settings as well.

Cannot see where to set daylight savings time. Cannot find it in the manual either.

Kaykaykay said:
Are both time settings matching on your iPad under Settings (under General, as well as under Mail, Contacts, Calendar)? Is the time also set correctly on the computer that you synch your iPad to?

Both time zones match. Time in the computer is same time zone. My time right now says 8:59am

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's no daylight savings time setting on iPad that I know of. That should be automatically handled if you choose Set Automatically for your iPad time.

Reports of incorrect times aren't uncommon on iDevices, unfortunately. If you google, you'll find various explanations and attempted fixes. Wi-fi iPads appear to have more trouble keeping time, but I've noticed time drift (though only by a minute or two) even on my 3G iDevices.

If it were me, I'd just set time manually and leave it at that.

If you'd like more info, this link has lots, but note that some of the info might no longer be accurate with the most recent iOS upgrades:

What Time is it? Your iPad May Not be Sure | How-To | The Mac Observer

OP
S

silvia33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
There's no daylight savings time setting on iPad that I know of. That should be automatically handled if you choose Set Automatically for your iPad time.

Reports of incorrect times aren't uncommon on iDevices, unfortunately. If you google, you'll find various explanations and attempted fixes. Wi-fi iPads appear to have more trouble keeping time, but I've noticed time drift (though only by a minute or two) even on my 3G iDevices.

If it were me, I'd just set time manually and leave it at that.

If you'd like more info, this link has lots, but note that some of the info might no longer be accurate with the most recent iOS upgrades:

What Time is it? Your iPad May Not be Sure | How-To | The Mac Observer

My iPad shows the correct time in the 'menu bar'. It reads an hour latter in the post I send to IPF. I just sent myself an email via gmail using safari and the time in the email reads the same as my iPad. It seems strange that IPF is an hour latter than my iPad.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I didn't realize that was what you were talking about. You can set forum time in Settings > General Settings.

But I've never bothered to set my time, and I couldn't care less when anyone else posts theirs.

OP
S

silvia33

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I didn't realize that was what you were talking about. You can set forum time in Settings > General Settings.

But I've never bothered to set my time, and I couldn't care less when anyone else posts theirs.

Sorry I was not clear. I don't care either what shows, I do get curious about 'why'. And on that note, I didn't find 'form settings' under settings/general or any where else. I'm ok dropping the subject. Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts