What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking of getting an iPAD3

happyhacker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I saw the price on Amazon I was a bit reluctant to go ahead! Does this include all accessories like power supply/charger? Usually go for max memory if I can.

Proposed uses, reading books in bed without lights on; accompanying with my keyboard lessons; casual surfing in the evening.

What integration is there with Google services?

Any ideas if the price is on the move down and where the keenest prices are?

Thanks.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, it includes the charger and one sync cable.

It lets you pull down contacts info and calender info from google, least that is what I use from google.

I don't think you will see a price change until or unless the 2013 model comes out. But around Xmas you might see some $50 discounts. Not much more than that and the price generally doesn't drop.

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your best bet for getting a deal on a device might be a club somewhere, like SAMs or Costco. Of course, after I bought my 64gb 4g iPad 3, I walked into SAMs and they had the same model I just paid $809 for at Walmart for $609 at SAMs. Oops! Other than that, I have never seen them on sale for any less than $20 off or includes a gift card/free iPod touch(not since iPad 1st gen though).
I must say the device is worth the cost though, I had a 2 & sold it thinking I could just make due with a Kindle and a laptop. Ugh, they both drove me crazy with their slowness and non user friendly OS. Needless to say, I happily respent that cash and purchased a 3, which will live & die in my hands.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As AQ_OC said, it offers basic syncing with most Google services. For almost all the rest (Google +, Google Drive, Google Earth, etc.) there are apps. The support for Google isn't quite as good as you would get with Android (for some odd reason), but it's not shabby either.

As for price, you can pick up an iPad 2 for cheaper, but you might want to also consider the long term. While the iPad 3 may cost more now, it will also remain relevant longer. There are already apps and feature that won't work on the iPad 2.

If you've been considering a smaller tablet, you might want to hold off just a little longer. Rumors (but lots of them) suggest there might be another choice announced this month.

Most reactions