What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Size of the Ipad Screen

liab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

i really like a lot of apps to control my music software and plugins. but the screen of the ipad is for my own setup too small (it would need around 4 ipads). now i'm looking for a way to size it up.
hypothetically speaking, opening my ipad 1, disconnect the digitizer and lcd, connecting an diy lcd+digitizer 26'', building a case for it, done.

does somebody know how to work this out?

thanks in advance,
liab

GaryRea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, that raises the question of why you got an iPad, doesn't it? ;)

OP
L

liab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
because i rely on the ios — the app i use is ios only :)

GaryRea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see. Still, it's not like you didn't know the screen was going to be small, right? ;)

OP
L

liab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i bought the ipad before the apps were developed in case that there will be sometime an app like it. now the app is here and it's called "lemur" (by liine) — jazzmutant had theyr own touchcontrol device, but it was too expensive so i bought the ipad and waited for apps like jazzmutants "mu" — after time, liine developed the lemur app, an optimized jazzmutant thing, and it's just great.

BUT: it's a bummer that the screen size is that small.

i'm 2 weeks off, would be nice to find a solution anyway

;-)

GaryRea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard of that one. Don't have it, yet. I'm really liking ThumbJam, though.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

i really like a lot of apps to control my music software and plugins. but the screen of the ipad is for my own setup too small (it would need around 4 ipads). now i'm looking for a way to size it up.
hypothetically speaking, opening my ipad 1, disconnect the digitizer and lcd, connecting an diy lcd+digitizer 26'', building a case for it, done.

does somebody know how to work this out?

thanks in advance,
liab

There's no need for such drastic iPad surgery. AirPlay mirroring will display whatever's displayed on your iPad screen on a large screen HDTV. It does work best with iPad 2 and later.
Here's the page about it.
Apple TV: How to use AirPlay Mirroring

Last edited:

rocket11721

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Exactly

This is my first post and I must say that every forum has its smart #@&$'s and this one is no different. The app I will be using is only available on the ipad and as such will be trying to make my experience with it exactly how I would like. The problem with the ipad is it's screen for my purpose. It needs to be sunlight readable with around 1000 nits brightness. It will be running of continuous 12 volts so battery power will not be a problemThere are plenty of 10.4 inch screens of 1024x768 resolution. So the idea is to retrofit a screen as described with a touch panel to suit. Just need to find information for the above project. So any constructive help would be much appreciated.

Most reactions

Latest posts