1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

The Size of the Ipad Screen

Discussion in 'iPad for Musicians' started by liab, Jul 12, 2012.

1. liab

liab iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Guys,

i really like a lot of apps to control my music software and plugins. but the screen of the ipad is for my own setup too small (it would need around 4 ipads). now i'm looking for a way to size it up.
    hypothetically speaking, opening my ipad 1, disconnect the digitizer and lcd, connecting an diy lcd+digitizer 26'', building a case for it, done.

does somebody know how to work this out?

thanks in advance,
    liab
  2. GaryRea

GaryRea iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, that raises the question of why you got an iPad, doesn't it? ;)
  3. liab

liab iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    because i rely on the ios — the app i use is ios only :)
  4. GaryRea

GaryRea iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I see. Still, it's not like you didn't know the screen was going to be small, right? ;)
  5. liab

liab iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i bought the ipad before the apps were developed in case that there will be sometime an app like it. now the app is here and it's called "lemur" (by liine) — jazzmutant had theyr own touchcontrol device, but it was too expensive so i bought the ipad and waited for apps like jazzmutants "mu" — after time, liine developed the lemur app, an optimized jazzmutant thing, and it's just great.

BUT: it's a bummer that the screen size is that small.

i'm 2 weeks off, would be nice to find a solution anyway

;-)
  6. GaryRea

GaryRea iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah, I've heard of that one. Don't have it, yet. I'm really liking ThumbJam, though.
  7. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,906 / 1
    There's no need for such drastic iPad surgery. AirPlay mirroring will display whatever's displayed on your iPad screen on a large screen HDTV. It does work best with iPad 2 and later.
    Here's the page about it.
    Apple TV: How to use AirPlay Mirroring
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  8. rocket11721

rocket11721 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Exactly

This is my first post and I must say that every forum has its smart #@&$'s and this one is no different. The app I will be using is only available on the ipad and as such will be trying to make my experience with it exactly how I would like. The problem with the ipad is it's screen for my purpose. It needs to be sunlight readable with around 1000 nits brightness. It will be running of continuous 12 volts so battery power will not be a problemThere are plenty of 10.4 inch screens of 1024x768 resolution. So the idea is to retrofit a screen as described with a touch panel to suit. Just need to find information for the above project. So any constructive help would be much appreciated.