What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The new iOS Lion

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Quite a few articles on the Macworld site regarding lion installation if you have any worries.

Under £20 for an os upgrade is remarkable and after 18 months of the iPad, buying and installing programs from the app store seems so normal and easy.

Personally I never bothered about checking my installed programs. Just saw it was released and installed it straight away. Very pleased with the upgrade as I'm a fan of full screen working and the three finger flip makes moving around very slick.

Launchpad I'm a bit ambivalent with, but I've copied the iPad and dragged most of my programs into folders only leaving the regularly used ones on top, so it's reduced to the one screen. Widgets have been condemned to oblivion.....

One useful tip is the All Files heading in finder. Set your preference to two or three days and you can always find what you've been working on recently.

It's a very nice upgrade in my book and iCloud turning up soon will be a great bonus.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
im planning on installing lion later today,bit nervous mind,iv just run a speed check and im getting 5.2mbps,does anyone know how long roughly it will take with that speed? ..........not sure now if i should install,went into apps and looked at lion and started reading peoples reports,doesnt make good reading,lots of problems,i dont think i have any of the apps ect that wont work in lion but some are saying that their previously problem free machines are now slow and laggy,lots of little niggles too,really not sure now what to do.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts