What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OS x Lion- Should I buy it?

BranFlizGames

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been arguing with my self for the past week now whether i should spend money on upgrading from 10.6 Snow Leopard to 10.7 Lion. I've watched some reviews on it and i've been going back and forth. Anyone out there that has Lion and would like to share about it and help me with this decision?

Gsymac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a trouble free experience on my MacBook Air I think the price point is fantastic Microsoft could learn something. If you have any questions in particular I'd be happy to try and answer for you.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using Lion on my iMac (24" Aluminum) and my 11" Macbook Air since the first dev release. There are a few things to get used to, but overall it's a very solid upgrade.

There are a lot of Lion "tips and tricks" out there to help get you going (in fact the last couple of issues of MacWorld and Mac|Life have had some excellent articles), but like any Apple product it's very intuitive so you should be able to find your way around quickly.

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recommend upgrading since Mac OS 10.8 is coming fairly soon which makes Snow Leopard completely ancient. Despite the complains on the web I believe that OS X Lion is a great upgrade if you tweak it to your liking right afterwards. After that, the only annoyance is Mission Control, especially with Gimp. But other then that, it beats Snow Leopard.

Sent from my interestingCompanionPad

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lion and with updated 10.7.2 is the best OSX I have used. I have had Lion on my IMac, MBP and Mac Air
Since day of the release and never looked back to SLP. There over 100 new features that I enjoy. With Apple I have
Learned not to wait too long to upgrade. I also upgraded to IOS 5 the day of release and our IPad and IPhones are
Happy. within the next few weeks here comes IOS 5.1 and maybe 10.8

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are not on Lion, you will never get the ROAR!!!!!!!

this thing is awesomeness over that OSX version you mentioned, what was it, again????????......i forgot!!!!

Stare at the red nose for 15 seconds... then look away to a white wall and blink really fast...

389905_2364047873729_1626349890_2266591_1334347467_n.jpg

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
id say yes,get it,i had no trouble at all,in total it took 2hrs and once you have it you will love it,the slidy screens are the best.

Most reactions

Latest posts