What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The missing numbers / iWork manuals

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In coming over from the excel / office side of the world I find myself in need of two good books to curl up to. Can anyone recommend a good book on numbers, covering it on the mac and on the iPad, as well as a good book on all of iWork? From basic to advanced. If it needs to be more than Atwood books then so be it. One to start and one for advanced work would be fine. In the past I have found the Que books to be of great help with all office products.

Sent from my iPhone/iPad using iPF

OP
davidalan99

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I guess you've seen the Apple Help pages...

Apple - Support - iOS Apps - Welcome

Tim

Yes I have and from several of your previous posts. I have the sites bookmarked and sitting next to the app icon on my home screen, thank you very much. I would like to get some books with more detail than the apple site.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, don't get iPad iWork by Minute Help Guides. I wouldn't call it completely useless, but there is actually more useful information (and easier to find) than in the online help pages.

If you find a good book, please post back. I'm kind of interested. I'm not using anything professionally, so I'm willing to stumble though things on my own most of the time, but if I knew for sure of an excellent resource I'd be mighty tempted.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A Numbers question concerning modifying charts - not to hijack this thread but a 'good' manual or online help would likely have been of use (unless my question has no solution in this program).

I've been using Pages & Keynote, but just downloaded Numbers last night - and for my first 'simple' spreadsheet, I entered my BP (i.e. blood pressure) values - take these at home and my doctors like to see the values when I need to see them.

Below is what I generated for the first 6 months of 2011 - then brought up a chart and was able to get the data and the x-axis values w/o a problem; now I want to change the y-axis values to different numbers - I cannot figure out how this is done - must be either simple or not doable? Any suggestions from those who know this program better than myself?

The online links were of little help - BTW, using FingerPrint (a Tim recommendation) made a nice printout - thanks for any help. Dave

smugshot2302480-L.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Tap the chart once to select it. Tap the the usual 'i' icon to get your options. Tap 'Y Axis', then 'Value Scale Settings.' You should be able to get what you want by playing with these.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Tap the chart once to select it. Tap the the usual 'i' icon to get your options. Tap 'Y Axis', then 'Value Scale Settings.' You should be able to get what you want by playing with these.

TP - thanks for that 'i' tap above suggestion - that opened up so many possibilities w/ the chart formatting - I was able to adjust what I wanted and make the whole printed presentation look better! I could not completely get the Y axis to the '0' desired but will continue to work at it - much more versatile than I realized w/ this package - Dave :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. It can be tricky getting things exactly the way you want, but if you are like me tweaking is half the fun.

Most reactions

Latest posts