What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Numbers and Hyperlinks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You know, instead of having 200 worksheets, you could have 20. Place 10 of your jpgs on each worksheet in a 2x5 grid with a nice big header box at the top of each one.

Now, when you need to go to item 123, you go to the 12th worksheet (labeled 120) and scroll to the odd (second) row, second sheet. First row starts with a zero (item 120 itself), so it's even.

Might be faster than scrolling 200 tabs horizontally.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Or even take a trick from the old microfiche days. Letter your tabs and number your jpg grid. The table of contents page would read something like P9 (tab P, jpg 9).

Yes, I'm that old.

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sadly neither option would be allowed nothing but the authorised cards would be allowed that's why they are jpegs. At the moment you use a bulky set of cards that after looking alphabetically on the sheet for the problem you got to the page (tab) I just wanted to to be smart

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You've been great thank you very much

Steve

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One last thing does voodoo thingy allow you to put in a table as an index and for that table to be manipulated as I'm trying to do?

dougrogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know. It seems to be a purely text based hyperlink ing system. You may need to look at a database kind of program, rather than a spreadsheet, or wiki linking app. Have you looked into FileMaker? Or Bento?

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How about another ques or do I have to put it somewhere else?

Keynote again the ipad version I love it but can I lock my presentations, they contain lots of transitions and I don't want people changing them accidentally.

Steve

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge there is no way to lock a presentation.

However, you have to deliberately enter Transitions and Builds mode through the wrench icon (top right). It isn't something that a person just looking at the presentation is likely to stumble into and change by accident.

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
To the best of my knowledge there is no way to lock a presentation.

However, you have to deliberately enter Transitions and Builds mode through the wrench icon (top right). It isn't something that a person just looking at the presentation is likely to stumble into and change by accident.

Not sure that's true because if you open a presentation up if you touch anything on the screen , say a txt box and it highlights then it's simple to move or even change.

I think it's a brilliant prog and with the remote app on the phone just spot on except locking ? They seem to get all these progs spot but lacking something pretty fundamental

Steve

OP
pilgrimav8r

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Trust me it's easy to do accidentally but in my game pilots like to change things. In both PowerPoint and the full version of keynote you have the ability to lock the the presentation so transition and content can't be edited. It's such a shame again because this one is a beauty. Thx anyway

TracyMacleoda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
man that is fantastic i was looking for this for the same ****! thanx! man value able infoo again!

Most reactions

Latest posts