What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The End in sight for Microsoft Tablets?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
[h=1]Microsoft Office For iPad Could Mean Death Of Surface Tablets[/h]
Microsoft Office For iPad Could Mean Death Of Surface Tablets

I have been convinced for some time now that we would only see Office appearing on the iPad if the Surface was a commercial failure. Didn't take much in the way of powers of prophesy to realize that MS would not release the Surface's killer app onto other platforms unless there was money to be made in the software rather than the hardware.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Probably, yes. It think with this move, Microsoft tablets would end. And also even if it is in the iPad iWork, and other productivity tools already beat Microsoft.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know....I think MS is wise to sell office wherever it can...but Surface is not really a bad product at all. Surface RT is another question, but I think lots of people like the Surface Pros. Its the Windows 8 that people are having problems with, but that problem will go away too.

OP
KevinJS

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The market is fickle. The Surface is no doubt a great product, but then again, so was the original BB Playbook. My wife has one, and everything about it screams "QUALITY", but it never took off in the mass market, even after the price drop.

Before I posted that link, I had a look around to see what the actual performance was in terms of sales. Sales of all MS tablets have been pretty dismal. I wonder if the RT actually harmed the brand?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
People didn't but it in large numbers because of the learning curve in windows 8. MS is confused thinking the PC is dead and it tired to make a hybrid device - a PC that can be a tablet too. Actually, it works well, mostly. But few want to deal with that learning curve. But once they fix it, the device will live. And they will fix it. They always think long term and they always win that way because they are deeply embedded in business.

Most reactions

Latest posts