What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Daily

bigmanofds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will apologize now if this is an old topic but is there anybody having success with The Daily on the iPad. During my 7 day trial the program crashed most of the time. Also the stories were O.K. but there was nothing I can say was breaking news. I like the concept so I am hoping it will get better over time. Any opinions…….

speedlever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No crashes of The Daily here. But not worth subscribing to either, imo. I find Pulse to be very similar.

Lofti

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't had any problems with crashing either.....did you delete your old Daily before upgrading it? Maybe delete it & reload.

I agree I wouldn't use The Daily as my primary news source but it does have some interesting clips I don't see elsewhere. I'm not sure if I will subscribe....if you subscribe for a year it's only like $39 which sounds a little more reasonable then $52....I feel like the content will increase as it gains success and that it's kind of in beta mode...but that is just my feeling. I think of it more as a magazine... good for killing some free time... more so then a legit news source....still deciding if I will subscribe. They also said The Daily will update throughout the day....I haven't seen that happen yet..seems to be the same issue all day.....

King of Golf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have never had it crash. It seems to be a good idea, but for some reason I find it a bit dis-orienting when I use it. I guess I prefer just having Safari links to the sites that I am interested in reading on a daiky basis, or using FlipBoard seems etter to me. Probably won't subscribe.

Kens7601

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bigmanofds said:
I will apologize now if this is an old topic but is there anybody having success with The Daily on the iPad. During my 7 day trial the program crashed most of the time. Also the stories were O.K. but there was nothing I can say was breaking news. I like the concept so I am hoping it will get better over time. Any opinions…….

I have not had any problems with it crashing.

Ken

volcanopele

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm thinking of subscribing, probably on a weekly basis to start. It has been nice to flip through on the bus ride into work or during lunch. But I want to see its long term viability before investing more than a dollar.

So far, with 3 days to go in my free trial (at least according to the app), I have had 2 or 3 dumps to the home screen.

Kens7601

iPF Noob
Reaction score
volcanopele said:
I'm thinking of subscribing, probably on a weekly basis to start. It has been nice to flip through on the bus ride into work or during lunch. But I want to see its long term viability before investing more than a dollar.

So far, with 3 days to go in my free trial (at least according to the app), I have had 2 or 3 dumps to the home screen.

I' m considering subscribing too, also at the weekly rate. Also, for the same reason you mentioned, but I have 6 more days to decide. :)

Ken

volcanopele

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Umm, yeah, the new update update that is available today... broke the app for me. Crashes for me every time while going through its little animation when it starts up. Every time.

Kens7601

iPF Noob
Reaction score
volcanopele said:
Umm, yeah, the new update update that is available today... broke the app for me. Crashes for me every time while going through its little animation when it starts up. Every time.

Well, at least I know it is not just me. I posted something similar just a few minutes ago under a new thread.

Any idea who we would contact?

Thank you,
Ken

Kens7601

iPF Noob
Reaction score
volcanopele said:
Okay, scratch that concern. Delete the app then reinstall it from the app store. Works for me now.

Ok, thanks. I will do that!

Ken

Most reactions

Latest posts