What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is A 7-inch iPad Really on the Way Before Christmas?

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know Kindle is coming out with a smaller unit in a month or two. But I would have to see the 7" model to figure out what I liked or disliked. Maybe I might like it a bunch - easier to tote around - who knows.

But I won't pay any attention to this until I hear it from Apple,.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If they made a seven inch screen without a bezel around, that would be exactly half the all around size of an iPad. It would also make it the size of a big chunk of ebook readers. Could this one be geared towards ebooks? It's the right form factor, you can hold it in one hand and slip it in a pocket if needed...

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmmm. Just looking now, my thumb is wider than the bezel, so a bezel of some kind there has to be.

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't doubt that there'll be a smaller iPad at some point, but I'd be astonished if it was by Christmas - way too early in the product's life to be adding a variation IMO. Apart from everything else, iPad proper hasn't even rolled out worldwide yet and there are still plenty of people people ready and willing to stump up the full asking price for one - why would Apple give them a cheaper option this early in the game?

I'll believe it when I see one in an Apple store.

newday

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it now might a rumor, but i still expect it coming, because i think the current iPad isn't in a perfect size i think. it is bigger than iphone so difficult to carry, and it is smaller than notebook so inconvenient to arrange...so i think ipad 2 is worth for expecting...after all, with camera and reasonable size. don't you think so?

sandra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the 7 inch size will fit better people who like to carry the iPad with them. But I was really surprised to find out that according to some statistics most people prefer to use their iPads indoors. So if to use it indoors, I would prefer the bigger size.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree in some way I sell iPods and mp3 players in a major electrical store in Australia. 2 years ago we had 7 brands of mp3 players plus iPod nanos, touch, classics and shuffles.

Today we have all iPods in our secured glass cabinets and only one brand (Sony ) mp3 with a total of 2 in stock. I have not sold an mp3 player in 3 months.

iPod touch 8gb are selling at a rate of 20 to 30 a week and the nano around 10 a week and this is off season. I believe the line up will be nano.s and iPod touch possible new iPad mini and iPad.
I cannot see the classic and shuffles on the shelves after Xmas. We will no longer carry MP3 players like the Sony once we sell out as there is no market for them at least here.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think I would welcome a smaller one. It's not for me, but I know people who think the iPad is too heavy.

The more, the merrier!

WilliamOfOranje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I realize this discussion has taken a different turn but, I thought I'd let you in on what I know... seeing as you took the time to navigate yourself into this forum and this thread, I think this will be of interest to you... So if you wanna know more about the next generation iPad, read on ;)

The 2nd generation iPad will have 3 versions featuring 5.6'', 7'' and 9.7'' OLED touch screen displays; this is based on insider sources from the companies Apple outsources to, uncovered by Digitimes. Apparently Apple placed a large order for OLED screens of those sizes, and thus the ''2nd generation iPad coming soon'' rumor was born. Pretty solid, as far as I'm concerned, seeing as Digitimes has somewhat of a history of spoiling official announcements.

An OLED display is what is featured on the iPhone 4, the latest generation in 'accessible' visual displays. But therein lies the catch.. a 9.7'' OLED screen costs $500 alone, prices are expected to drop, but it is unlikely we'll see a 2nd generation ipad before Christmas - though I'm sure Apple will do everything it can to get those iPads shipped before the hollyday shopping spree... not that they need to, the ''old'' iPad is expected to be the most sought after item this Christmas.

Hope that helps ease your curiosity... or scratch that ich, whatever it may be ;)

Jake from Tablet Reviews.

newday

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rumors of 7-Inch iPad Launch By Christmas

hey, friends!! 7-Inch iPad will launch by Christmas. I am so delight...because i think the current iPad isn't in a perfect size i think. it is bigger than iphone so difficult to carry, and it is smaller than notebook so inconvenient to arrange...so i think ipad 2 is worth for expecting...after all, with camera and reasonable size. don't you think so?

Most reactions

Latest posts