What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Cloud

noddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it working yet? I downloaded an app today and the same one appeared on my iPhone! Definitely did not download it twice.

rotopenguin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it working yet? I downloaded an app today and the same one appeared on my iPhone! Definitely did not download it twice.

The web-page that you're staring at in the App/iTunes store is getting a little smarter, but that isn't the cloud bit. When your backups go through the air, and your devices automatically sync app data, savegames, and settings to each-other; that's the cloud. The cloud will keep an app's data after you delete it from a device, so you don't have to hold onto that 1.5GB game on the odd chance a new level pack comes out six months later.

It's not like iTunes could ever be programmed to not throw away a 1kb character file, noooo. Gotta make a cloud for that.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This is part of the beta iCloud services that are working in the U.S. While it may not technically be a cloud service, it is part of what iOS 5 and iCloud are bringing.

Whenever you purchase a new app, book, or music from one of Apples stores it will automatically download on your other devices and computer. It only works with iOS 4.3.3 and iTunes 10.3, and only in the U.S, officially.

You can turn this behavior off on each device by going to Settings > Store. In iTunes you can turn it off in Preferences > Store.

OP
N

noddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, it's a cool feature and I can't wait for the release of IOS5

OP
N

noddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same thing happened in reverse today- I downloaded an app on my iPad and an hour later, it was on my iPhone that was left in the kitchen!

Most reactions

Latest posts