The big decision.

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by dobbey, Jun 1, 2011.

1. info

info
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I certainly hope you are right. Since Jobs will evidently be there personally, there is probably something very big going on with the expected iCloud, iOS5, and Lion announcements. I expect that we will not be disappointed. Stock up! ;-)

dobby, it's worth a lot more than the £399 IMHO.

#11 info, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  2. DQ

DQ
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Yes, worth every dime. My laptop is now unused and I only use my heavy duty desktop for work. Everything else the iPad covers.

3. dobbey

dobbey
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    What's happening? Is Jobs doing a keynote speech

Sent from my Desire HD using iPad Forums

4. dobbey

dobbey
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Would a us spec wifi ONLY work in the uk, because it works out way cheaper compared to the UK.(£100 saving) I have read the thread conserning the 3g, and I can't see any problems. Is that correct?

Sent from my Desire HD using iPad Forums

5. DefBref

DefBref
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Once you factor in local taxes in the US, import duty, vat and delivery costs, that £100 saving soon disappears.

6. ipfuser55

ipfuser55
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    If you only use your laptop for Internet browsing, why not sell it and buy an iPad? You will not be disappointed :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

7. akintomide

akintomide
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    If it is not a tool then it is a toy - iPad2. Who needs an expensive toy?

8. ipfuser55

ipfuser55
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I beg to differ, the iPad is very definitely not a toy. It can accomplish most things a laptop can, and with clever use of storage, data can be safely and easily retained. I remember being of the same opinion when I got my first iPad....( it's just a toy, a bit of fun) two years down the line and I have yet to find a task that hasn't got the appropriate app related to it. Sure, high end video editing and similar tasks still require a PC. But if you had told me that I would be able to set up an iPad as a recording studio I would have laughed politely. Now that's exactly what I do.

A tip on making a decision, is to make a list of tasks you want to perform...... All of them. Then ask members here, or search the app store. You will find that far from being a toy, the iPad is a truly multifunction IOS device with many, many uses.

Rant Over

Normal Jeff has returned to the building :)

9. akintomide

akintomide
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Thanks. For people like you, the ipad2 is certainly a tool. I have discovered that it is more of a tool to many people than being a toy. If it is a tool then any investment on purchasing one is a worthy investment. In other words, one can save to get a tool. I am happy many people see the iPad2 as a tool and a toy as well.

10. G.P

G.P
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Spending your savings on something that is going to depreciate the second the next Ipad comes out( in 10 months or so) is, frankly, very poor financial decision-making. My advice would be for you to put aside a little every week/month/whatever, until you can afford it without emptying your bank account. If that means you can't afford one until the Ipad 3 then so be it, but I can't see the sense in killing yourself financially to own one.