WIFI or 3G+WIFI

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by HK_USP_45, Jul 28, 2010.

?

WIFI or 3G+WIFI, 16GB or 32GB?

1. WIFI 16 GB

25.0%
  2. WIFI + 3G 16 GB

6.3%
  3. WIFI 32 GB

25.0%
  4. WIFI + 3G 32 GB

43.8%
  1. HK_USP_45

HK_USP_45
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the help, I'll check out the thread on cases. As for the camera, I pretty much know what I want. Costco has a Cannon Rebel that shoots 15mp and 1080p video that looks really good, and they sell it in a kit with zoom lens for $700 when it's on special, which I just missed last week. It'll come around again in a month or two.

2. Purpleorchid

Purpleorchid
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    One thing to consider: you said you might want to get the keyboard dock later and that you already have a wireless keyboard.

With the Apple keyboard dock, you can only use it in poprtrait mode and you can't have it in a case if you want to use the keyboard dock.

If your wireless keyboard is a bluetooth keyboard, then that is better because therr ar no limitations. You can use the iPad in a case without having to take it out and in either portrait or landscape mode to type. You would just need a stand or something else to prop it up (e.g. glass, bowl, another book, your gear bag, an acutal stand, etc)

3. pik0

pik0
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
  4. pik0

pik0
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I really wish there was a keyboard dock adapter that would allow landscape mode. Something that slide in to the dock and would hold the iPad sufficient for a 90° rotation...

Piko

5. pik0

pik0
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    One other consideration, the iPad is not upgradable. If you buy less capacity that you might need down the road, you'll be kicking yourself. My modus has always been to buy as much technology as I can afford. My business always ends up using up every facet of power that I bought.

Piko

6. Draper

Draper
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    +1

South Korea doesn't have 3G support for iPad, yet, but I bought the 3G because I travel quite a bit and the (more accurate) location-based apps rock.

Only through wi-fi...won't work if you're not in reasonable proximity of an access point.

#16 Draper, Jul 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  7. windycitycouple

windycitycouple
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
  8. paulyeo11

paulyeo11
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    After reading this post I start to regret that I buy 16G , should hv buy 32G.

9. avspatti

avspatti
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Last week, my local Apple store had lots of camera connection kits. I just kept checking, and BINGO! One day I got lucky.

10. HK_USP_45

HK_USP_45
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Settled

All right, went to the Apple store and my debate was settled for me. I had decided on the 32GB WIFI, but that was the only one they did not have. So my debate was between the 64GB WIFI, or the 32GB 3G. I went round and round. I ended up with the 32GB 3G.

My apple store has TONS of camera connector kits.