What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thank you to Forum Contributors

Rotorhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A general "thank you" to iPad Forum contributors.

I'm a new Ipad 2 owner and user. Long time PC user/fixer, and Android (rooted) user. I have used an iTouch in the past and saw the possiblities but I like to "be in control" and Apple doesn't really like that, so I passed on any new Apple devices.

I got on the bandwagon for a new iPad 2 and with the help of ALL the contributors here, I've got my iPad configured to be able to do most of what I want it to do and without Jailbreaking. After a lot of soul searching I decided that I could live with and even like Apple's philosophy of thier being in "control" and keeping the unit "clean".

What all you contributors did was ask my same questions and answered them here in the Forum. I was able to find what i needed without my usual "trial and ERROR" method. You saved me money (in wasted apps) and a lot of time and a lot of ERRORs.

The iPad isn't my primary device but it's becoming my primary travelling device.

The only thing I can't get going with it is any way to run Quicken on it.

Thank you again, one and all in the Forums.

Regards
Steve

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A general "thank you" to iPad Forum contributors.

I'm a new Ipad 2 owner and user. Long time PC user/fixer, and Android (rooted) user. I have used an iTouch in the past and saw the possiblities but I like to "be in control" and Apple doesn't really like that, so I passed on any new Apple devices.

I got on the bandwagon for a new iPad 2 and with the help of ALL the contributors here, I've got my iPad configured to be able to do most of what I want it to do and without Jailbreaking. After a lot of soul searching I decided that I could live with and even like Apple's philosophy of thier being in "control" and keeping the unit "clean".

What all you contributors did was ask my same questions and answered them here in the Forum. I was able to find what i needed without my usual "trial and ERROR" method. You saved me money (in wasted apps) and a lot of time and a lot of ERRORs.

The iPad isn't my primary device but it's becoming my primary travelling device.

The only thing I can't get going with it is any way to run Quicken on it.

Thank you again, one and all in the Forums.

Regards
Steve

For entering Quicken transactions on your iPad have a look at 'QIF entry' in the App Store. It's just a couple of dollars, and allows you to enter Quicken transactions, save them into a QIF file and then export them to your PC. Not the complete solution (of course! Could life ever be that simple) but it might go some way to solving your problem.

Thanks for the kind words - we hope to hear from you soon

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts