What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remote iPad control for handicapped.

odonnks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I’ve been looking for an app that while launched on a iPad would give me remote control ability to open, close and control apps on the same iPad from a iPhone in a different location.

The two devices would be on different networks and at times many states apart.

The iPad user is blind and unable to operate the iPad but loves to listen to audio books.

I’d like to be able to get them started or stopped and change or download new books.

Everything I’ve seen requires the two devices to be on the same network.

Does an app like this exist?

Any feedback will be appreciated.
Thank you!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I’ve been looking for an app that while launched on a iPad would give me remote control ability to open, close and control apps on the same iPad from a iPhone in a different location.

The two devices would be on different networks and at times many states apart.

The iPad user is blind and unable to operate the iPad but loves to listen to audio books.

I’d like to be able to get them started or stopped and change or download new books.

Everything I’ve seen requires the two devices to be on the same network.

Does an app like this exist?

Any feedback will be appreciated.
Thank you!
You won’t find an app like that in the App Store. Apple sandboxing rules don’t allow apps to control other apps in that manner.
Siri can open apps on an iOS device and pressing the home button will close them.

Most reactions

Latest posts