What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

text going to wrong person - ios 12

Larry S

iPF Noob
Reaction score
after updating to iOS 12 when I text my daughter the text goes to my grand-daughter’s phone. They are different phone numbers. Texting works fine on my iPhone, it’s just my ipad. Contact info is the same on both devices. I even deleted contact info from both devices and entered my daughter’s phone number manually to text and the text still went to my grand kids number. any ideas from anyone? thank you.. thus is my 1st forum use.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried a reset on your iPad?

Press the home and power buttons until the iPad goes off and release them when the apple image comes back onto the screen. (This often helps when something goes wrong and is quite safe in terms of your iPad data, etc.)

OP
L

Larry S

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Press the home and power buttons until the iPad goes off and release them when the apple image comes back onto the screen. (This often helps when something goes wrong and is quite safe in terms of your iPad data, etc.)

yes, did the reset. Problem remains.

OP
L

Larry S

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my grand kids number is no longer on my phone or iPad but text still goes to grand kid when texting my daughter

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What happens if you delete your daughter’s number then add it back?

OP
L

Larry S

iPF Noob
Reaction score
same thing, but I found a thread at another forum .. discussions.apple.com that has a number of people complaining about the same problem after iOS 12 update.

Most reactions

Latest posts