What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Text messages

M

moparherb

i don't do a lot of texting and most of it is done with my iPhone (5S). Should I be getting my text messages on both my iPhone and iPad. Do I even want that to happen. I'm old so some of this text messaging stuff I'm learning from my daughter. Should I just keep the two devices separate as far as texting goes? Any help appreciated.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you talking about iMessages or SMS text messages? In iOS 8, SMS text messages can be received on your iPad if the iPad and iPhone are on the same WiFi network. If you want to turn this feature off go to Settings>FaceTime>iPhone Cellular Calls and turn the switch off. BTW, having this feature turned on would also allow you to receive phone calls through your iPad, has your iPad ever rang when someone phoned you?

For iMessages, all iOS devices are capable of sharing iMessages if they're connected to the same Apple ID.

OP
M

moparherb

Well I guess I'm talking about both when my daughter text me the text messages are in blue, which I assume is because she is using an IOS device, whereas my sons come thru in green as he has an Android phone. Yes my tablet always rings if I'm in the house (same wi-fi) and someone calls me. I was receiving text's from my daughter yesterday and what got me thinking is it only came thru on my phone. I guess that is fine but I wondered why it didn't come thru also on my iPad. No issues just questions on how it works.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We always welcome questions from our members. If you have any more questions don't hesitate to come back.

Most reactions

Latest posts