What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tethering from Bluetooth?

phil8715

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible to tether a phone via bluetooth to my iPad to run data from the phone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge only iPhones can be tethered to an iPad for data (with possible exceptions below). Since they can also be tethered via Wi-Fi, and it's faster, I've never been able to figure out why the option exists; unless it's some kind of backwards compatibility with older iPhones that can not generate a hotspot.

Any phone that can create a wi-fi hotspot will (probably) work with the iPad.

It may be possible to bluetooth tether some other phones, but it requires a jailbreak if so. I know there is a jailbreak method for Blackberries (don't know if it's bluetooth). However my knowledge is very limited on that subject. I recommend you go tot he Hacking forum, read all the stickies (a tab in the iPad app, highlighted at the top of the list of threads on the webpage), search for your phone, and then if you still don't' have an answer, ask.

Good luck,.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Then it's the Hacking forum you want, and jailbreaking if you decide to go for it. Looks like there may be an untethered iOS 5 jailbreak soon from what various sites are reporting.

Most reactions

Latest posts