What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teacher Apps

juren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New iPad owner and a teacher going back to school, are there any really good apps out there for marks, class organization, class listing etc etc.

This machine would be great in a classroom, for kids and teachers.

Thanks
JU

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmm can't help sorry but can recommend this blog by a teacher. He's currently rolling out 100 iPads for his school and blogging his progress. Believe there was a link to iPad in edu somewhere on his site but I was looking for info on an app he had written.

Best just hammering google with keywords Ipad, education, Teaching, Apps etc.. Keep burrowing and you'll get somewhere or tired....

Fraser Speirs - Blog Index

sakunlabs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a teacher who really wanted to use his iPad and iPhone for course management, I was frustrated by the dearth of any good apps for either. In the end I ended up writing an app each for taking attendance, grading, managing my schedules, etc.

You can find them at sakunlabs.com if you are interested.

chowdown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As a teacher on break, I'm looking forward to getting back and trying to use the iPad as a replacement for my current cumbersome setup of netbook/graphics tablet/projector. I've been using that setup for classroom notes, diagrams, etc - basically, anything I once would have written/drawn on the whiteboard.

The beauty of such a setup is that you have a record of what you've done in class, plus the ability to email that information to anyone who is interested.

I love the idea of the iPad's instant-on, it's portability and the fact that you can write/draw straight onto the screen (much easier than using a graphics tablet).

But which app(s) to use for such a purpose? The thing you've got to keep in mind with the iPad is that not all apps have VGA-out capability (eg, Safari!!).

The VGA-capable note-taking apps that I've been investigating as whiteboard replacements are Penultimate, Noterize and Note Taker HD. All have different strengths and weaknesses that I'm happy to go into if anyone is interested.*

Dave Mahaley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipadfa.wikispaces.com
If you are interested in some Apps used in a classroom by students at the high school level - check this out: ipadfa.wikispaces.com/What+the+Students+Say

I have started to compile a short list of those Apps that do and do not export VGA for projection.

Most reactions

Latest posts