What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Classroom

gymmot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to setup a Thread dedicated to k-12 education. I want to couple Curriculum with the iPad this year.
I would like teachers and students to be able to share idea's and applications. This is an incredible tool, and it is less expensive
then a laptop or desktop. This makes this a great device for all three social economic classes, for the most part. I know
there are kids that just can't afford one. However, this could be the forum that opens that door too.

Any thoughts?

singlestick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to setup a Thread dedicated to k-12 education. I want to couple Curriculum with the iPad this year.
I would like teachers and students to be able to share idea's and applications. This is an incredible tool, and it is less expensive
then a laptop or desktop. This makes this a great device for all three social economic classes, for the most part. I know
there are kids that just can't afford one. However, this could be the forum that opens that door too.

Any thoughts?

A guy named Fraser Speirs has a blog (same name) about his involvement in an ongoing project to use the iPad in a small school in Scotland. I am not a teacher but found some of his posts useful in suggesting uses for the iPad. In any case, his site might be useful to you as an aid or resource.

OP
G

gymmot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks singlestick. I was hoping I could create a forum for educators and administration to share idea's.
This is our opportunity to provide an education that surpasses other countries.
I am very excited to get on with the school year to see where it goes.

Gemspring

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I totally agree with creating an opportunity to share classroom ideas on this forum! I am a teacher educator and plan to implement the use of iPads for all of my undergraduates during their field experiences in New Orleans. It would be great if there was a forum where teachers, administrators, etc could share what is working in the classrooms so we can make full use of this wonderful technology.

It has been easier for me to find game reviews and walkthroughs than it has been for me to find best practices using the iPad.
I vote yes!

Sent from my Pink*Pad using iPF

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...I am a teacher educator and plan to implement the use of iPads for all of my undergraduates during their field experiences in New Orleans....

Been many years but I do recall some "field experiences in New Orleans" when I was in college that I'm happy were not captured by an iPad. :D

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let's see how this thread develops. I'm sure that, if there was the demand, the Admin guys at iPad Forum would look favourably on the idea. You'd have to remember, though, that this is an International Forum with Members in almost every country in the world. So terms such as 'K-12' will not be familiar to many Members.

Tim

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...You'd have to remember, though, that this is an International Forum with Members in almost every country in the world. So terms such as 'K-12' will not be familiar to many Members.

Tim

True. Though the terms elementary and secondary education are more or less universal, I believe. And though my involvement these days consists largely of having a seven year old in school, I'd be an avid reader of such a forum.

Carrie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also would be interested I am not a teacher but I volunteer with school age children and am always looking for something new to bring to the table

Quizzer2093

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
diigtal-nexxus.ca
I would be interested as well, I'm currently an IT Administrator / Technician / Educator for a non-profit organization that does computer training, job readiness programs, and teaching of kids and adults with special education.

Gemspring

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
Been many years but I do recall some "field experiences in New Orleans" when I was in college that I'm happy were not captured by an iPad. :D

Oh, I'm sure they were great "teachable moments"! Lol!

Sent from my Pink*Pad using iPF

Most reactions