What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps for geography lessons in secondary school

Jurgenb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
Next year we will start in our school with ipads in the classroom. We are starting in the first class, age 12/13.
As you can understand probably, as teachers we feel the pressure, because in september we have to be ready and prepared. In the meanwhile we are also very excited, no more reservations in computerrooms, every child can get information of evrything at once. I think it will be great for the kids.

As I can understand that there are many of you already working with the ipad, I would like to ask if you would like to share any interesting apps you use in your geography lessons.
Thanks for your attention,
Jurgen from the netherlands,
geography teacher

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You are welcome to join in with our "Where in the World" game. One never knows which part of the world we will be concentrating on next. In fact, today we had a couple of challenges on the Netherlands. The thread is usually somewhere near the top of the current list, but you have to understand that it can sometimes be quite slow moving as our members are all over the world.

I don't know of any apps specifically for geography, but at this point I'd like to welcome you to the forum. Hopefully, some of our members will be able to give you some suggestions.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

OP
J

Jurgenb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
You are welcome to join in with our "Where in the World" game. One never knows which part of the world we will be concentrating on next. In fact, today we had a couple of challenges on the Netherlands. The thread is usually somewhere near the top of the current list, but you have to understand that it can sometimes be quite slow moving as our members are all over the world.

I don't know of any apps specifically for geography, but at this point I'd like to welcome you to the forum. Hopefully, some of our members will be able to give you some suggestions.

Hi kevin,

How can we ( my students and I) join your where in the world game, can I see what it is about?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Follow this link to the thread. As soon as you reply to it, you will be automatically subscribed. The rules (which are not cast in stone) are explained in the first post.

http://www.ipadforums.net/off-topic/65929-where-world.html

Please remind your students not to post any information that could identify them. Other than that, feel free to join in. Occasionally, we will dictate that a challenge may only be answered by new posters. This may give a good chance for your students to join in.

Good luck, and I hope to see you on Where in the World.

Most reactions

Latest posts