What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tasks / reminders from emails - Impossible?

MattB247

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 64gb iPad 2 running iOS 5.1 which I use for work. My mail is synchronised with the office server and I can access that on my Windows laptop or my iPad.

When I receive a new email that I need to either reply to (ie it's not just an information email) or perform an action in order for it to be considered complete, I can set it as a task in Windows, set a coloured reminder, flag a reminder to pop onto my screen etc - ie loads of ways to highlight to me that this needs to be actually actioned.

With the iPad I can't do anything with the email, I can mark it unread or go to reminders myself and type a 'manual' reminder referencing this email but that seems about it.

Is there any way, or app, that I can either create a reminder/task straight to reminders from the email or, at the very least, do something to differentiate it from the rest of the emails in my inbox (even highlighting it in a colour would do)?

I'm resorting to creating a subfolder called "To do" and manually moving these there for the minute but a reminder / task, which I've had the ability to set on Windows Outlook since the 90's, seems impossible on the iPad.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer,

Matt

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can Flag the email.

you could also get Evernote and use the included email address to forward emails to it.

Attachments

• image-3187780617.jpg
    image-3187780617.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 389

Most reactions