What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Calendar app that syncs both events and reminders to ical

orytek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use iCloud to sync my events and reminders to iCal from my iPad. Works great but I find it frustrating that Apple has both events and reminders in two separate apps.
Often times I am not sure whether it will be the reminders app or the Calendar app I need to open in order to edit or view information.

Is there any iOS app that can create both tasks and Events that will also sync with iCal/iCloud?
I've tried to research this but cannot seem to confirm either way.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge there is no app that will do this, at least not yet.

I follow a simple rule (borrowed from GTD principles). If a task/event must be accomplised/happens at a specific time or date then it goes into the Calendar. Every thing else, even stuff with due dates goes in Reminders (with an alert if appropriate).

Raiderspen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I load a task on the reminders app, I include the date and time and when I press done, it disappears. It doesn't show up on my personal calendar. What am I doing wrong?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When I load a task on the reminders app, I include the date and time and when I press done, it disappears. It doesn't show up on my personal calendar. What am I doing wrong?

I'm not sure why it is disapearing. It is not going to show up in the Calendar app, though. They are separate apps.

If you set it in the past (maybe got the year wrong?), then it might disappear due to your sync settings. Go to Settings > Reminders and change Sync to All Reminders, to see if it shows up.

If you accidentally checked the done box, it should still show up in the Completed list. It should show up under the date it was checked, not the date it was due; so you shouldn't have to scroll back far to see if it is there.

Good luck.

One more thought. Make sure you're not looking at the special Today list. Only tasks that are due or overdue on the current date are shown there.

Raiderspen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have it sync'd to all instead of 2 weeks.in the default list, it has personal calendar so I thought it would put the reminders on the calendar when it asked for the date

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok. Don't know why your reminders would be disappearing. But no, the Reminders app does not sync with the Calendar app in any way. The only thing I can suggest is the usual fixes, if you have not already tried them.

Oh, and you could try turning off Reminders in Settings > iCloud and then turning them back on. That might fix any sync problems that have cropped up. Be sure to check them out at icloud.com from a computer browser first, to make sure they are being synced in the first place.

----------------------------
The usual fixes:

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart. takes a bit longer than a restart.

Reset All Settings: Another, somewhat more drastic thing you can do is Reset All Settings. You'll find this under Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. It won't erase any of your content, apps, or accounts; but you will have to go through most of your other settings and re-tweak them back to your liking.

Most reactions

Latest posts