1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

T-Mobile and iPhone

Discussion in 'iPad Carriers' started by CaptKirk, Jul 23, 2010.

1. CaptKirk

CaptKirk iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    a couple T-Mobile executives are saying T-Mobile will offer the iPhone this fall. Can anyone confirm this, or is this rumor?... If so, it will be interesting if they get into a 3G package for the iPad. :confused:
  2. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    I see it as more of a possibility than a CDMA verizon phone, all that has to be done is add T-mobiles frequencies to the phone.
  3. CaptKirk

CaptKirk iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Do they use the same micro sim? Wouldn't that be interchangeable with ATT
  4. ipadfanatic

ipadfanatic iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, you can use a unlocked iPhone on T-Mobiles network (not sure about the iphone 4) but you will only get Edge like speeds (no 3G) due to the difference in frequency that T-Mobile uses.

Also no exec from T-Mobile has confirmed that they will be getting the iPhone and the Apple/AT&T exclusive deal does not end til around 2011.

It would be easier for Apple to convert the iPhone to work with T-Mobile as Verizon currently uses CDMA (no SIM, cannot surf and talk at the same time, etc).

To me it seems that a lot of the carriers are starting to go toward the "Android" platform since iPHone is only available on AT&T

I'm currently on T-Mobile as would like to see the iPhone offered but I'm not holding my breathe.
  5. CaptKirk

CaptKirk iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
  6. ipadfanatic

ipadfanatic iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Many people have been doing this since day one. Remember though that Edge speeds are not to great. I just tether my iPad to my T-Mobile Android 3G phone.